Our Privacy Promise
- We will always tell you what data we’re collecting about you and how we use it.
- We only share your data with trusted partners and will never sell your data.
- We aim to always follow industry best practices to ensure your data is stored safely and securely. We protect the confidentiality, accuracy and availability of the information we collect about you.
- We will always give you control over the marketing you receive from us, including the right to opt out completely from marketing emails.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings: “personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
“We/Us/Our” means Aztech MicroCentres Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales, Company registration number 02111638 whose registered address is Albany House, Shute End, WOKINGHAM, Berkshire, RG40 1BJ.
What Does This Policy Cover?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Privacy Notice and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained below but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details within this Notice)
- The right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes and • Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in this Notice and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data from you:
- Company name and postal address
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address
- Web browser type and version, operating system and referring sites
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Supplying Our products and services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing email@example.com)
- Market research
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, company surveys, news, and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases). When personal data is no longer required, all reasonable steps will be taken to erase or otherwise dispose of it without delay.
- User-level and event-level data associated with cookies, user-identifiers and advertising identifiers are retained for 24 months (reset for each new event).
- We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described in this policy, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- Data security is important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
Do We Share Your Data?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Aztech MicroCentres Limited. Any third parties that we share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Aztech MicroCentres Limited procedures. In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are complying with a court order, or a statutory request from a government department.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit personal data via our site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details). You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: the Corporate Telephone Preference Service, and the Mailing Preference Service. These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable, and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the details in the Contacting Us section.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://aztechmicros.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.